What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help newbie here

malk0003

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Though I have had an iPod, I have had no other apple devices and I decided to try out the New iPad. Though I have very little to complain about, I can't figure out how to get back to a page when I am brought to another page with a link. It's frustrating because when I am in my email, clink a link that brings me out, I have to go to the home screen to get back in and I know there has to be an easier way.

Also, I bought an Apple TV hoping to be able to go to CBS.com or fox.com and watch my shows on our TV (we don't have cable, Netflix is too cheap); but alas, I get my new iPad, try to watch How I Met Your Mother and the only thing it let's me do is watch clips. I can get on my laptop and watch it, but not on my iPad, is there an app that can fix this?

I can't stand that it does not support flash, is there a way to get around that?

Thanks for your help. All-in-all I like it but these minor things are driving me crazy.

sir_ben

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To get back to the previous app that you used, you can double click on the home button which brings out the multitasking bar and select the app that you want. Or you can enable multitasking gestures and use the four fingers swipe the cycle through your running apps.

The iPad doesn't support flash and I don't think it ever will. There are some workarounds for this problem. You can just go to websites using HTML5 for videos, or use another browser (I think it's the Skyfire browser).

Search the forums more and surely you'll find answers.

By the way, congrats on your new iPad. Give the voice dictation feature a try! It's really accurate! :)

thespinner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll try my best to answer your questions. Re. Switching between apps, you can double click home button that will bring up a list of recently used apps at the bottom of the screen and, in your example, you could tap mail to return to email. Alternatively in Settings / General, turn on Multitasking Gestures. With this on a four finger swipe up will achieve the same as the double click on home button. A four finger swipe to the left/right will switch between recently opened apps.

I'm in the UK so can't help with CBS or Fox, we have good catchup apps for our main TV channels and a good app for live TV - maybe there is similar in the US. For flash you could try Skyfire browser.

Update: Was writing this at same time sir Ben posted his answer - at least we both agree:)

Last edited:
OP
M

malk0003

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks! That's very helpful. I find it humorous that both answered the same thing. I guess you're pretty accurate!

Most reactions

Latest posts