What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help needed with Real Golf 2011 HD

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody here plays this and if so could they give me tips on putting! When you first start there is a solid yellow line, (not the dotted one) what is this? And how does it help you put?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

ipadgamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.gamesontheipad.com
The solid yellow line is what your putt would be if you didn't do anything and just swung away.

It's a preview of your putt based on the position of your ball.

So, if the solid yellow line curves to the right, you have to move your putt to the left to compensate for the break.

Also, note how long the solid yellow line is (ie. where it ends). Thats how you judge the power of your putt. If it ends close to the hole then all you have to do is get your power to the line on the power meter. Otherwise you have to adjust accordingly. If the line goes past the hole by a lot then you have to take some power off and vice-a-versa.

Hope that helps. It took me a while to figure it out too. But once you get it it's pretty straight forward.

OP
addiosamigo

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks! How far have you got in the career? Do you get to participate in any professional matches, like a PGA tour equivalent?

Cheers

ipadgamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.gamesontheipad.com
i'm ranked 101 in the career mode. About $1 mil in total earnings.

I got a little bored after a while and stopped playing. It just seemed like every tournament was the same. I'm not really familiar with the PGA courses so I'm not sure if you get to play them or not.

It was fun to play for a while but it just got repetitive and I had to put it away.

OP
addiosamigo

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah it does get a bit boring, I'm tempted to buy tiger woods but it doesn't seem any better than real golf!

OP
addiosamigo

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've noticed something annoying, now that my player has developed I seem to over hit the ball, even though I'm following the guidelines.

For instance I hit the ball and it seems to be going to exactly where I wanted it, then just before it gets to the green it starts to lift off as if under a gust of wind! More times than not it will go out of bounds, if I put backspin on it it will bounce just before it go out and then land safely on the green, this is a little annoying though as I'm -8 and with a few of these I'm basically out of it!

What am I doing wrong??

Billy golf pro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, having issues with the real golf pro 2011 app on my iPad and wondering if any1 can help?

After each play the voice over that speaks is jamming every time and like a broken record just keeps repeating until I close the app and opening it again to resume game. Any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks

gadjah1966

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Billy, I have the same problem with yours, as I intalled it in mini Ipad OS 6.0.2. Then I turn comentary option set to Off (in the setting menu), and I do not hear any comentary voice anymore, except music and claps sound.

Most reactions

Latest posts