What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help Needed to Jailbreak v3.2.2

yuvibhalla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi guys....

im new to all this.. just got myself an ipad v3.2.2
i wanted to jailbreak and needed some help with that..

a friend of mine tried to jailbreak it using greenpoison RC5... it didnt work.. then he tried it with greenpoison RC4.. it seemed to worked.. it installed loader and also cydia. apps downloaded from itunes seem to work fine but any other apps wont install..now i want to restore my ipad so i can try to jailbreak it using some other jailbreak.. wanted to know..

which jailbreak is the best...

should i downgrade it to 3.2.1 and then jailbreak or restore it back to 3.2.2

also if he hasn't saved any SHSH files, can i still restore it and how?

its working fine as of now, but its just not jailbroken.

any help would be appreciated

cheers! !

OP
yuvibhalla

yuvibhalla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
no replies?? come on guys... need some help here!!

cheers

lrg32

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why not just update to 4.2.1 and jailbreak that with greenp0ison? Its untethered now and you get multitasking and other features that came with ios4.

But for 3.2.2 I think you use pwnage tool to jailbreak that.

OP
yuvibhalla

yuvibhalla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why not just update to 4.2.1 and jailbreak that with greenp0ison? Its untethered now and you get multitasking and other features that came with ios4.

from what i have read, 4.2.1 has a few bugs n lag n stuff.. thought of doing that first, but didn't want to deal with the bugs.. so was considering restoring back to 3.2.2 if possible or downgrading it to 3.2.1

also when he tried to jailbreak it on 3.2.2 he didn't save the SHSH files and has now deleted cydia from the ipad...i could try to reinstall cydia and then save the SHSH files but wasnt sure if that will work, so wanted to know what sorta restore would be possible how?
cheers

lrg32

iPF Noob
Reaction score

from what i have read, 4.2.1 has a few bugs n lag n stuff.. thought of doing that first, but didn't want to deal with the bugs.. so was considering restoring back to 3.2.2 if possible or downgrading it to 3.2.1

also when he tried to jailbreak it on 3.2.2 he didn't save the SHSH files and has now deleted cydia from the ipad...i could try to reinstall cydia and then save the SHSH files but wasnt sure if that will work, so wanted to know what sorta restore would be possible how?
cheers

I dont think the SHSH files are available anymore for 3.2.2 ,so if it wasnt saved prior, then I dont think youll be able to get it now. But im not 100% certain on that.

Also ive had my ipad jailbroken on 4.2.1 for awhile now, even when it was a tethered jailbreak only and have not experienced any bugs or lag. It runs just as good as when it was jailbroken on 3.2.

OP
yuvibhalla

yuvibhalla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dont think the SHSH files are available anymore for 3.2.2 ,so if it wasnt saved prior, then I dont think youll be able to get it now. But im not 100% certain on that.

Also ive had my ipad jailbroken on 4.2.1 for awhile now, even when it was a tethered jailbreak only and have not experienced any bugs or lag. It runs just as good as when it was jailbroken on 3.2.[/QUOTE]

hey thanks.. guess since my SHSH files arent saved, so wont have much of a choice but to restore n upgrade to 4.2.1 ..... now to figure that out ;-)

cheers

Most reactions

Latest posts