What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help - Ipad is locked/frozen

Ali1964

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello. I am hoping someone can help me. My husband's Ipad is unable to be used. It is displaying the message:

iCloud Backup This iPad hasn't been backed up in 26 weeks. Backups happen when this iPad is plugged in, locked, and connected to Wi-Fi.

We are not able to click the OK button under this message, or slide the unlock button.

Hoping someone has an answer! Thanks.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF!

Usually the solution for this is to reset your iPad:
Press and hold Home and Power button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears. Then release both. The device should start on it's own, and the message should have been gone.

Perhaps it's a good idea afterwards to go to Settings - iCloud and backup manually.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Ali--

It looks like JA has given you great advice with your question! Hope that helps, if not let us know.

Welcome to the iPadForum! This Forum offers so much information related to the iPad and its use. The IPF has many discussion topics related to:

iPad Help|iPad Hacking | iPad Games | iPad for Business and Education | Special Needs iPad Forum | iPad for Health Forum

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country.
Regional iPad Groups

If you have not done so, please have a look at our IPF App Tutorial:http://www.ipadforums.net/new-membe...sistance/107524-ipad-forums-app-tutorial.html

Manuals:
Apple - Support - Manuals

https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/ipad-user-guide-for-ios-7/id709634245?mt=11

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

n4uau

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I too had a freeze up yesterday. I had downloaded an ebook from our library with the 3M reader ( a relatively new addition by the library in addition to the usual Overdrive app) . The book opened but then the page froze. I pressed the power button and the ipad shut down. I was then unable to turn it on or do any reset. Totally unresponsive!! I decided to plug it into my PC (first time I have done so as I don't like iTunes). The PC recognized the ipad, loaded the drivers and voila the ipad came back to life.

Odd, I wonder what happened. Ideas??

I should add, before connecting to the PC i had plugged it into the charger with no results and the battery was at 75%.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts