What's new

Help ipad 4 front panel

LuisVtola

iPF Noob
Joined
Feb 5, 2017
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
Hi,

I would like to repair my ipad 4 which has the front screen broken, the problem is that it has lost its shape by the blows. What solution could you look for? All the corners are dented, I do not know if a new front screen would fall perfect or would be suspended for lack of space. Adj photos

20170205_113347.webp 20170205_113356.webp 20170205_113422.webp
 
Hi,

I would like to repair my ipad 4 which has the front screen broken, the problem is that it has lost its shape by the blows. What solution could you look for? All the corners are dented, I do not know if a new front screen would fall perfect or would be suspended for lack of space. Adj photos

View attachment 75909 View attachment 75910 View attachment 75911
You'd need a new case as well as a new screen unit. The cost to repair it would be more than it's worth. Have you considered getting a newer iPad?
 
Last edited:
You'll need to replace the glass and that little plastic frame around the outside. In regards to the corners use a pair of " pinch " pliers and a file to take out the dents and file down the rough edges. With patience and a steady hand you can have it looking like new. The back case isn't that bad. I've had worse and managed to get them straightened out fine.
 
Hi
I recently purchased a repair kit with the front screen panel, tools, rubber and rubber that goes around the frame. Then post the result to see how it is.
 
Hi
I recently purchased a repair kit with the front screen panel, tools, rubber and rubber that goes around the frame. Then post the result to see how it is.
I hope you're successful in your repair efforts.
 

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom