What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

help help and more help from Norway

shoppingdiva1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi There
what a great forum, so much great info. I was wondering if anyone can help with some info. I am planning on buying a Ipad 2 when i come over to the US in July, but the question is.... if i can use it back here in Norway?

I see that there is something called verizon? and another brand but what do i ask for if i dont want it with a subscription connected to a us network?
I am going to either buy a 32 gb wifi 3G or a 64 gb 3G but they have to be able to be used here in Norway.
Does anyone have any knowledge on what i should purchase and also what is the best of 32 and 64?

So grateful for some help here
Kind Regards
shoppingdiva1:)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi There
what a great forum, so much great info. I was wondering if anyone can help with some info. I am planning on buying a Ipad 2 when i come over to the US in July, but the question is.... if i can use it back here in Norway?

I see that there is something called verizon? and another brand but what do i ask for if i dont want it with a subscription connected to a us network?
I am going to either buy a 32 gb wifi 3G or a 64 gb 3G but they have to be able to be used here in Norway.
Does anyone have any knowledge on what i should purchase and also what is the best of 32 and 64?

Kind Regards

There are two models of iPad available in the USA - AT&T and Verizon. AT&T is the version that will work in Norway - Verizon only works in the US and a few other countries.

If you purchase an AT&T iPad in the US most Members recommend that you pre-authorise it in the US - i.e. you purchase a (minimum) pre-pay AT&T account, which will enable you to initialise the iPad 3G service in the US and check that it's working OK.

But, please bear in mind that, although the prices in the US might look attractive, you'll have to pay VAT (Value Added Tax) and Import Duty when you return home and that makes the calculation far less interesting.

Tim

OP
S

shoppingdiva1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi There

Kind Regards

There are two models of iPad available in the USA - AT&T and Verizon. AT&T is the version that will work in Norway - Verizon only works in the US and a few other countries.

If you purchase an AT&T iPad in the US most Members recommend that you pre-authorise it in the US - i.e. you purchase a (minimum) pre-pay AT&T account, which will enable you to initialise the iPad 3G service in the US and check that it's working OK.

But, please bear in mind that, although the prices in the US might look attractive, you'll have to pay VAT (Value Added Tax) and Import Duty when you return home and that makes the calculation far less interesting.

Tim

ok thanks Tim for the info. are you sure it is the At/T that works over here, i heard the opposite. Do i then just buy a network for it over here? also what do you reccomend of a 32 or 64 gb? what is a good price for one of these now? sorry for all the questions but very knew to this ipad world :)
kind regards

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi There

Kind Regards

Tim

ok thanks Tim for the info. are you sure it is the At/T that works over here, i heard the opposite. Do i then just buy a network for it over here? also what do you reccomend of a 32 or 64 gb? what is a good price for one of these now? sorry for all the questions but very knew to this ipad world :)
kind regards

Absolutely - you have been misinformed - Verizon does not work in Norway. Verizon is CDMA, AT&T is GSM. There is no CDMA in Norway.

Whether you purchase 32 GB or 64 GB entirely depends upon your expected usage. If you're into music and movies - 64 GB. If you're not, then 32 GB would be OK. A movie takes about 1 GB - OK - it depends on whether it's SD or HD and the length, but that gives you an idea...

But, I repeat, check the Import Duties and VAT....

Tim

Most reactions