What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HELP!! Getting kicked off back to Home screen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danijoh69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since updating to IOS 7 I am getting kicked out of whatever app I am running back to Home screen. This happens on my iPad Air, on my iPhone 5, on my wife's iPad 3, and her iPad Mini. It does NOT happen with her iPhone 4, she still has IOS 6 on that. It does not happen all the time, & not on just one particular app, but it DOES happen more frequently, it seems, when I'm in Safari. What happens is, say I'm on Safari reading something, then out of the blue it kicks me off Safari back to Home screen. I go back & bring up Safari again but the page I had up is gone & I have to start all over again! VERY frustrating! I have tried a hard reset, but beyond that don't know what to do. Someone suggested I do a complete reset & restore but am very reluctant to do that. Why would restore fix problem if it happens on different devices(wife's iPad & iPhone). Has anyone else experienced this problem ???

srushj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did the restore thru iTunes and have this problem also. Think it might be more of the browsers fault (Atomic browser) but happens in Safari, Chrome and others also

Tynesider

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was having the same problem, I read a lot of online newspapers and would be kicked off to my home screen with certain newspapers. I deleted some apps at random that I didn't really use and the problem went away, so I think its a conflict from another app.

mamag

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was thrown out of my emails after i sent 2000+ emails to trash and left them there. After I deleted them in trash it didn't happen anymore.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I was thrown out of my emails after i sent 2000+ emails to trash and left them there. After I deleted them in trash it didn't happen anymore.

This thread is over four years old. I expect the OP will have resolved the problem by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts