What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello

SianH

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had my i pad since last September and love it. Just having a problem with sending e mail for some reason. Can receive it but it says the username/password is not recogmised when I try to send mail. I did change the password on my btyahoo account and then deleted and re-added it on the mail settings. Is this something to do with it ? Any help would be gratefully received. Thank you, Sian

OP
S

SianH

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks

My outgoing mail server says "Yahoo SMTP server" and that it's on. When I go into it, you can't input any info as it's greyed out. I'm totally confused ! Can you possibly give me an idiots guide to changing my password and then on the pad ?!! Many thanks Sian

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
btlyahoo?

I have a basic Yahoo account, and it is working fine on the iPad. The only thing I can think of is to make sure that you have Yahoo set as the Default Account in Settings under Mail, Contacts, Calendars.

I don't, so I have to force it to use yahoo by selecting the yahoo account from my mailbox view, or changing the default. I suspect that if you have another account that is not capable of sending and it is the default (perhaps because you removed and added the account) Mail might try to send using that server instead when you are viewing the unified Inbox.

Other than that I can only supply the settings I have, and no, I can't change them either.

Server: ON
Host Name: Yahoo! SMTP Server
User Name: Optional
Password: Optional
Use SSL: ON
Authentication: cant go there
Server Port: 465

To see these settings choose your account, Select Account, and then select SMTP, then select your primary server, which should be Yahoo! SMTP Server. If there are secondary servers listed you might want to turn them off, at least for now.

Last edited:
OP
S

SianH

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your help. Will have another go !

Most reactions

Latest posts