What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello, new to this forum

tonypaul21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, my name is Tony Paul. I am a custom electronics distributor and installer, think home theater designer.

I've had the 64 gig 3g iPad for about 3 weeks, and while there are a lot of things to like about the new iPad, there is one issue that is driving me up the wall. Primarily, I bought this device to be able to easily showcase slide shows of my work to prospective clients, in an anywhere environment. So far so good, then I spent days on my desktop PC (Window Vista Ultimate) organizing and sequencing photos and folders in Pictures. Then I downloaded these folders ,soon to become Albums, into iTunes. Ran off to an appointment, whipped out my iPad, lots of oohs and aahs, pressed the photos icon, touched a titled album, then slideshow. Viola, much to my dismay all of the photos in the Album (an all other Albums) had been re-orgnized by date. OMG! How stupid of me to not realize that some Apple software engineer would have a greater understanding of how to display a sequenced slideshow better than the professional actually taking the photos, or that all good professional photographers alway arrange to shoot their pictures in the order that they will later arrrange them.

Bottom line! After 3 trips to the Apple store, and a following the advice of several "Geniuses", I called Apple Support. Two transfers later I encountered some who knew what the problem was. I was informed that the pictures are organized based on the metadata date and time stamp, and that if I had had an apple computer and iPhoto software I would be able to remedy this problem, however PC users tuff luck. I was told that at this time there is no easy fix. Yes there is an EFIX Tool, and I tried CopyTrans photo 4, but not a solution. I have found one tedious and time consuming method that works, but takes about 20 minutes to sequence 12 photos in a folder. By using Screen Shot 8's region capture, I can captue the perimeter of a jpeg, label it and save it to a 2nd folder, then transfer that folder to itunes. Apparently SS-8 does not retain the original metadata.

Thanks for letting me rant, I'm open to suggestion.

Tony

ProPhotoGA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tony, as a professional photographer who uses a PC, thanks.. now I can quit
pulling my hair out trying to figure out why my image organization keeps
changing. Arrrggg.. how frustrating.

Thanks for the tip on SS8.

Gene

OP
T

tonypaul21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tony, as a professional photographer who uses a PC, thanks.. now I can quit
pulling my hair out trying to figure out why my image organization keeps
changing. Arrrggg.. how frustrating.

Thanks for the tip on SS8.

Gene

Hi Gene, I feel your pain.

Good to know that I am not the only one who is having this problem. I would like to see Apple create a fix for this issue.

Now that there are two confirmed cases, how do we go about finding other frustrated iPad PC users and start a movement to have this bug
resolved.

I went to apple dot com slash feedback (type 3 ws. before apple, because I don't have sufficient posts to be allowed to add a hyperlink, WT!) and gave them a lengthy descrition of what I considered to be between a strong oversight, and/or a bug in their system, that needed to be corrected. So far, two weeks and no response from Apple. It might be helpful, to have anyone who thinks that this is an issue, to do likewise. Let the "Revolution" begin.

Tony

Most reactions

Latest posts