What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello! I came here b/c my iPad is stuck in "Edge mode"

birdbathbuzz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a basic iPad 3G 16GB jail broken, running OS 3.2 (have not upgraded to 3.2.1 yet). My problem is that my device has been stuck in Edge mode for at least a week now and I don't know why. First, i have xalled both Apple & AT&T support and they both had me pretty much do same things.

Switching to Airplane mode and back repeatedly to force ipad to search for 3G signal. Resetting all network settings. Hard-starting device by holding power & home. AT&T even turned things off and back on again, saw E go away and return when they "sent some packets".

The best theory Ive heard is that once in Edge iPad won't search again for 3G signal. Seems strange and I'm back in range and AT&T has verified 3G towers within 5 miles of my location. I'm also forcing it to search for new signal but almost immediately the big E comes up. Some are saying that once they've gotten on Edge they can't get beck on 3G. Others are saying it's upgrade to 3.2.1 but not in my case.

Help... Somebody... Anybody... Want my 3G back.

Anyway really annoying

OP
B

birdbathbuzz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I solved my own problem... For those of you with jail broken ipad's, you're probably using SBS Settings... Had to respiring and saw that there was a 3Gicon turned off. Turned it back on and BANG 3G back instantly. Hope this works for you.

ausssie_boi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the "FIX" for the iPad 3G issue you had.

Silly me had the same same problem :p

Most reactions

Latest posts