What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from Freckles, Southampton (uk)

Freckles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've only had my iPad since Sunday and haven't had a chance yet too have a good play yet. My husband doesn't get why I wanted an iPad when I already have an iPhone, but I'm really keen to use it as a home entertainment centre for browsing, reading books and playing games.

Had a few teething problems...my contacts didn't copy from my iphone (due to os4?), haven't been able to download 3.2.1 yet, iTunes says that I have connection issues. Also tried borrowing e-books from Hampshire library service but the books are adobe e-pub and drm protected and I can,t find a way of transferring to iPad (tried stanza). I've purchased a book though and have loads of new games to try out. Very excited :0)

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My husband doesn't get why I wanted an iPad when I already have an iPhone...
My wife didn't understand why I wanted one either, but she bought one for my birthday in May anyway. My wife, I think I'll keep her!

Also tried borrowing e-books from Hampshire library service but the books are adobe e-pub and drm protected and I can,t find a way of transferring to iPad (tried stanza). I've purchased a book though and have loads of new games to try out. Very excited :0)
I don't know what system your local library uses, but the one's near me use a system called OverDrive. Here is a snippet of a screen shot from their website:

od.jpg

I am not happy about this! I wrote them a tersely worded email, but they have yet to respond. This espcially gripes my wife because she is a library manager and I spend money on books that she gets for free!

Welcome to the forum and tell your hubby he is a big poopy-head!

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi and welcome Freckles.
You sound like a character from one of Gene Stratton Porter's novels :)
He's got it all wrong, his wife should be keeping him........or not ...

Most reactions

Latest posts