What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hello everyone!

dawvid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure what I am doing, but I want to find out more about iPad.
Wondering if it might be possible to use for doing OASIS C medical assessments. would beat the heck out of our current toshiba notebooks...I'm an iPhone savvy guy. A large touch screen would be perfect for me :)

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what I am doing, but I want to find out more about iPad.
Wondering if it might be possible to use for doing OASIS C medical assessments. would beat the heck out of our current toshiba notebooks...I'm an iPhone savvy guy. A large touch screen would be perfect for me :)

Anything is possible, seems that someone just needs to write the App for it. If there are others out there thinking the same thing as you, I'm sure it can't be too far out.

OP
D

dawvid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I work for a very large company; believe it or not they are using windows xp on 3 year old toshiba notebooks. Fortunately I have the VP's ear. maybe I can be the guinnee pig for this experiment. A tool that works like an iPhone would make work not seem like work. We have the program already. Wonder if it can be converted to run on iPad? :confused: Has to be encrypted etc.

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site dawid! I'm sure with the right programming team, an app could be made. Worse case scenario, you could always try a remote desktop type app :)

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thin Client

My thoughts exactly, I too was thinking of VNC or RDP and forgo the custom apps for all these upcoming desktop to iPad scenarios.

What would be the beat all at this point in the early iPad development for us SDK folks, would be a Thin Client app that could run in much the way that VMWare does now on the MacBooks. Fitted obviously for the iPad and the chipset as well as other hardware limitations.:ipad-front:

My mind has been wrapping around the possibilities since the rumors of an Apple touch tablet surfaced... I know, more action less thought. But hey, even Apple took ten years to reach this point.:comingsoon:

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Welcome to the site. Hope you find what your looking for.

Most reactions