What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello everyone, just one stupid question

Jujely

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have a question about whether there is a limit on the number of bluetooth devices connected to one device, for example, a mouse, keyboard and headphones at the same time. In theory, these are different types of devices that are able to work in parallel, but I wonder what the limit is. More to the same question, how to connect several pairs of wireless headphones to one device?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have a question about whether there is a limit on the number of bluetooth devices connected to one device, for example, a mouse, keyboard and headphones at the same time. In theory, these are different types of devices that are able to work in parallel, but I wonder what the limit is. More to the same question, how to connect several pairs of wireless headphones to one device?
Hi Jujely - welcome to the forum! You might want to provide us some information, i.e. what iPad are your using, what iOS is installed, and as to the headphone connection, do you want two different people w/ BT headphones listening to the same music off a single device? Thanks for further explanations. Also, check HERE for some advice - I've connected multiple BT devices to my iPad (limits discussed in the link) - as to the headphones, I've never tested that w/ my iPad - have you? Dave :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm sure there is some kind of limit, but I've never seen it in practice. The pairing list in Settings > Bluetooth just gets long and cryptic, since many devices don't have obvious names. Of course, in almost all cases, only one device of each type can be active at a time. You can't send audio to multiple bluetooth speakers and headsets at the same time.

So in a sense, yes, only one device of each type can be connected at the same time. In another sense, there is no practical limit on the number of devices you can have paired and ready to connect. They just become unwieldy to manage.

Most reactions

Latest posts