What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

headphones don't work with ipad jack.

jbsalee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
why don't my earphones work with the ipad headphone jack? I have tried bose and apple earphones.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
is the volume off? I actually use Bose and the Apple Earbuds all the time....they both work just fine. My Bose have an on/off switch, but that has nothing to do with the earbuds.

Remember, when you plug in your headphones you will have a different volume profile then when you unplug them...so if sound is up full blast when they are unplugged, it can be muted when you plug them in.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
why don't my earphones work with the ipad headphone jack? I have tried bose and apple earphones.
Is it a problem with the jack not going in, jbsalee?

is the volume off? I actually use Bose and the Apple Earbuds all the time....they both work just fine. My Bose have an on/off switch, but that has nothing to do with the earbuds.

Remember, when you plug in your headphones you will have a different volume profile then when you unplug them...so if sound is up full blast when they are unplugged, it can be muted when you plug them in.
Do you know if there's a high level control like on the iPod?
I don't have mine yet.

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Bose Noise Cancellation 3 with telephone cable works just fine.
I love to use them for Skype calls and watching movies etc.

shirlshane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have Bose and my jack won't fit my iPad.
I was told I need to purchase an adapter from Apple is this correct?

Magick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I'm having trouble with the same head phones are you using a different jack than
what they came with. I turn the volume on the I pad down and no sound turn the
Volume up an I get sound from bothe iPad and phones. Any thoughts
Thanks magick

Most reactions

Latest posts