What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headphones don't work on Itunes.

duban39

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's sound from the speakers when I play Itunes music but when Iconnect my earphones to the Ipad there's no audio. How does one correct this?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Make sure the headset jack is firmly seated.

Also, the speaker and headphone volumes are seperate. If you have not done so try turning up the volume while the headphones are plugged in.

If none of that works give a restart a try. You never know what that will fix.

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.*
Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

OP
D

duban39

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I have yet to try your suggestions but I thought I'd mention an information that I neglected to say in the original post. That info is that the earphones work OK when I'm listening to audio from other applications such as YouTube, or Skype, etc. Also I have tried the first two suggestions of making sure the plug is well seated in the jack, and the volume is up. Is this of any help in diagnosing the problem?
Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Strange. Check your iPod settings in the Settings app and see if you've turned on the volume limiter. It's the only thing I can think of that would do that.

OP
D

duban39

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think I have found the cause of my problem. It must be a defective earphone jack on my Ipad. Now I cannot hear any audio through the earphones with any application --- YouTube, or streaming radio prorams, or.anything yet when I remove the earphone plug, audio comes out of the built-in speakers. I even tried a different headset with the same results. Bad connections?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Could be. If it is and your iPad is less than a year old Apple will replace (or fix) it under warrantee. Might want to give them a call.

OP
D

duban39

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, it must be a defective connection in the jack because I just tried Skype again and there was audio! Also tried an email with a video clip in it and there was perfect audio also! And I can hear the "click" when I type the words on this email! This intermittent loss of earphone audio has got to be due to bad connections in the jack.

Most reactions

Latest posts