What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HBO GO no sound

basicuser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I searched for HBO GO and nothing indexed. If this has been addressed, please fwd the link.
ipad2, dish network, subscribe to HBO, registered, reinstalled the app twice. I cannot get the sound to play. And, I do not see a vol. control..hmmm.
I spoke to Dish and Apple support. They referred me to HBO GO since they are required to provide support for their apps. I cannot find a support contact.
I appreciate your assistance with a fix and/or contact.
Thanks.

OP
B

basicuser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Settings/General/Use Slide Switch to: lock rotation or mute
The sound/mute is tied into the rotation lock feature. You cannot have both - unlocked rotation and sound at the same time for APPS (ie, HBO GO and games). Go figure.:)
Use the multi task bar at the bottom (double click the home button) and slide everything to the right to access the lock and mute options. Suggestion: first lock in your screen orientation, then disable the mute.

Most reactions

Latest posts