What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Handling rar files

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There a few download/decompression programs for the iPad that will (reportedly) handle .rar files. A search in the App Store for '.rar' turned up some. I've not experience with any of them, so I suggest you perform the search yourself and see which one looks to work best for you.

Hold in mind that whatever is in the .rar file will only be useable on the iPad if you have an app for that file type as well, and it registers itself with the system to say so. The decompressing app you use will also need to support Open In to move said apps to the compatible app. Most should have this.

OP
R

ref5412

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There a few download/decompression programs for the iPad that will (reportedly) handle .rar files. A search in the App Store for '.rar' turned up some. I've not experience with any of them, so I suggest you perform the search yourself and see which one looks to work best for you.

Hold in mind that whatever is in the .rar file will only be useable on the iPad if you have an app for that file type as well, and it registers itself with the system to say so. The decompressing app you use will also need to support Open In to move said apps to the compatible app. Most should have this.

Thanks for your reply, I have already downloaded "iunarchive" which has the best reviews.

tdrew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I saw somewhere that Goodreader works with ZIP files. Might it also work with RAR files as well?

Most reactions

Latest posts