What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Going from online RAR file to music on the ipad

eaj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I bought the new ipad a couple weeks ago and I'm trying to do a few things. I'm trying to download a rar file of mp3s, extract the files and move mp3s to a music app. I'm trying to do this solely through the ipad. My ipad isn't jailbroken. I'm wondering if jail braking it will improve this functionality? I've had limited success so far and I'm still digesting all the information on all the apps out there. Hopefully someone can help me on my way.

First thing I'm trying to do is find an app that can download a rar file from the net, extract the rar file and 'transfer' the files to another app. I've tried some apps and with these I've been able to download the file. One or two have been able to extract the files from the rar as well, but when it comes to moving the mp3's to another app none of these apps allow you to move multiple files at once. Ideally, I'm looking for an app that can download a rar and then extract the files to another app. Is there anything out there?

Second thing is more straightforward. What are the best alternative music players that I can also 'transfer' music to, as mentioned above? Most of the downloader apps come with their own media players built in, but I'm looking for a dedicated music player, like the default music app but one that works with downloaded mp3s. The music apps I read about appear to mirror the default music apps functionality, meaning you need to sync with itunes.

One more thing I hope to do is extract the files from the rar file to my NAS.

thanks for the help in advance!

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I bought the new ipad a couple weeks ago and I'm trying to do a few things. I'm trying to download a rar file of mp3s, extract the files and move mp3s to a music app. I'm trying to do this solely through the ipad. My ipad isn't jailbroken. I'm wondering if jail braking it will improve this functionality? I've had limited success so far and I'm still digesting all the information on all the apps out there. Hopefully someone can help me on my way.

First thing I'm trying to do is find an app that can download a rar file from the net, extract the rar file and 'transfer' the files to another app. I've tried some apps and with these I've been able to download the file. One or two have been able to extract the files from the rar as well, but when it comes to moving the mp3's to another app none of these apps allow you to move multiple files at once. Ideally, I'm looking for an app that can download a rar and then extract the files to another app. Is there anything out there?

Second thing is more straightforward. What are the best alternative music players that I can also 'transfer' music to, as mentioned above? Most of the downloader apps come with their own media players built in, but I'm looking for a dedicated music player, like the default music app but one that works with downloaded mp3s. The music apps I read about appear to mirror the default music apps functionality, meaning you need to sync with itunes.

One more thing I hope to do is extract the files from the rar file to my NAS.

thanks for the help in advance!

Try this thread

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/39295-handling-rar-files.html

Most reactions