What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guide to creating iPad app icons?

leonadial

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking for a step-by-step guide to creating custom app icons for the iPad. I've organised my apps using Categories and CategoriesSB from Cydia, but the category icon packs have not been optimized for the higher resolution screen and look terrible so I would like to create my own Category icons based on my favourite apps in each category.

I've tried just extracting the icon.png from some of these apps using iPhone Explorer but get mixed results. Some look perfect when I add them to my own Winterboard theme while others lose the rounded edges and gloss effect. I figure I'm going to have to make my own but I'm a photoshop noob and would appreciate a dummies guide. I'd be happy to share the results.

I also stumbled across a website where you could just search for the full size artwork for most apps on the appstore, rather than extracting them from the device. I can't for the life of me find that site again. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Most reactions