What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guide: Creating Safari Bookmarklets

MorAase

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried something new

Edited the bookmark in a text editor on ipad

Replacd smiley with your chars.

Nope, not working, still getting page not found.

You have tried it on a ipad have you?

OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Tried something new

Edited the bookmark in a text editor on ipad

Replacd smiley with your chars.

Nope, not working, still getting page not found.

You have tried it on a ipad have you?

Oh yes, it works on my iPad (just double checked it to make sure ... I even double checked the code).

One thing - if you have that space in the code you posted (the "ht tp") then that's an error. There is no space. Maybe that's it?

Marilyn

P.S. And it doesn't matter if the smileys appear when you are looking at the code on the iPad or in this post. The forum (or iPad) software changes it when viewing. However, the code is still what it's supposed to be. So, although you see a smiley face, the colon and the smallcase "p" are there. Again, it's a viewing thing...

MorAase

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Aaaaaaaaaah ;-)
It works. Sorry people, forgive a 60 year oldie to be childish for a sacred moment.

There WAS 3 issues, the picture order was fixed by another pad owner
My trouble was the smiley and the space (ht tp).

Thank you so much !!

OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hurray! Glad you got it sorted. I admit - I was getting a little worried there, for a bit. :)

And, thanks for coming back and telling us your problem got resolved. Always nice to hear back - especially the success stories. :)

Marilyn

OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, DarkRavenMoon, for the "View Page Source" script. I've added it to the first thread.

Marilyn

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Here is an interesting one to add to the FAQ.

It finds and highlights tweet-able length sentences on a web site. Tap the highlighted sentence and you're off to tweet it, and the link to the site. Twitter sharing made easy. :)

Save Publishing: Tweet Everything

Edit: Does not work on all sites, this forum for instance. I've tested it on a few others sites without problems.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This may be of interest to Printerest users; which I'm not, so I can't test it.

From the Printerest site: Pinterest / Goodies

javascript:void((function(d){var%20e=d.createElement('script');e.setAttribute('type','text/javascript');e.setAttribute('charset','UTF-8');e.setAttribute('src','//assets.pinterest.com/js/pinmarklet.js?r='+Math.random()*99999999);d.body.appendChild(e)})(document));

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Bullish-t, Doesn't wotk!

Drop the attitude and READ OUR RULES. You won't get another warning.

There is nothing wrong with the content of this thread if you understand how to follow instructions. If you have a problem, ask for help courteously. OK?

Last edited:

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This looks to be a very useful thread, full of great tips.

I'm about to try to create some bookmarklets per Marilyn's post :)

brudderman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Open in Photon Browser

javascript:(
function()%7Bif(document.location.href .indexOf('http')===0)document.location.href=docume nt.location.href.replace(/%5Ehttp/,'photon');%7D)()

I am unable to get this to work for the Photon browser. In other words, I click the bookmark but nothing at all happens. No error, no activation of Photon. Nothing.

I'm using an iPad 3 with iOS 7. Could there be a problem with the new OS? I am able to use the bookmarklet for opening iCab OK, so I think I have the bookmarklet creation procedure right. Though the post shows a smiley, I do have the proper colon and open paren in the actual code. :)

Any ideas or thoughts of what else I might check?

Thanks for a great set of procedures!~!

James

Most reactions

Latest posts