What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guess this is the secret of apple :)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind skipping updates if they contained only feature upgrades. But updates often include fixes to security problems, etc. For that reason alone, I would not skip upgrades.

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
I wouldn't mind skipping updates if they contained only feature upgrades. But updates often include fixes to security problems, etc. For that reason alone, I would not skip upgrades.

Indeed! I totally agree. As a matter of fact, there have been many issues with people trying to connect new iPads or iPhones to old versions of iTunes and having nothing but trouble. The same holds true for device updates. Not only do some updates provide better security but they also increase performance or enhance the device in some manner or another. I recommend updating whenever a new one becomes available (unless you're a Jailbreak fanatic, that is.)

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the truth to this is that as your current processor ages the newer OSs require more and more processing power to keep up with new features. Same as with every other OS and processor combo. Takes more muscle to push bigger features.

That would make sense if the OS upgrades DID anything else. Its been the same OS since the launch of the iPod Touch. I guess they included multitasking back at the iOS 4 launch, but I mean, I don't think that takes much of a processor to accomplish that kind of multitasking.

Most reactions

Latest posts