What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Group Contacts Application

jbq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am looking for recommendations for an app that will allow me to set up groups within my iPad Contacts. Most reviews in the app store are not very good. Does anyone have experience with these?..Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, it's over kill, but you could use Bento.

Bento is a database, but it has access to your Address Book, and sets up a default address database, so you don't have to create it manually.

I just checked, and I could create new group, address to that group or multiple groups, and the new group showed up in the Contacts app. Bento will also allow you to extend your Contact database with extra fields and info. Those will only show up in Bento, but if you wanted special club info, or business info to show up for certain contacts you could easily do this.

Of course, if you've been looking for a mobile database too, it might do both jobs for you.

I'm guessing you don't have a Mac, or you would just create your new groups in the Address Book. But if you do, Bento can sync with the OS X program of the same name. If you don't have a Mac the database features are less appealing. Much of the higher end database stuff is only possible on the Mac version. It is still good as a stand alone flat database for small projects, but not a powerhouse.

Last edited:
OP
J

jbq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your response. I'll check into Bento, but it does sound like overkill.My goal is to have easy access to group lists in Contacts such as "family", "clients", etc, as I am making phone calls one after another. Maybe a new version of the iPad OS will have this. Anyway, thanks again.

Hugomartin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have groups in my contacts using microsoft outlook. Just create groups in your Microsoft outlook contact section and then sync it to you iPad or iPhone using iTunes. very easy to do and effective!

Most reactions

Latest posts