What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

greetings ipaders ....

iMeMyself

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my first post, looking forward to discovering ipad depths i might not yet have discovered, and sharing anything you find
useful in my own ipad activities.

i have ipad2 64/3G and have just set up ipad4 64/LTE, both white. (Also have iphone5, an old imac, mini mac, and ipod classic). but the ipads are my favourites, use them more than anything.

use them for a broad range of things - the usual browsing, mail, news reading, have a lot of reference materials on them, also use them for writing with mostly iA Writer and Noteshelf through Dropbox, and dabbling with art and music apps.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPF.

We are a multinational group sharing an interest in Apple products, particularly the various iPad models. Although we have no affiliation with the company, we have many members who are extremely knowledgable on various aspects of the products.

Whether you have one question or comment, or have longer-term aims, you are welcome to join us.

Here are some useful links:

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8

Here's where to get the free forum app for easier browsing of the threads.

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html

Contains a huge amount of information which you may find useful.

http://www.ipadforums.net/off-topic/29728-anything-goes-thread.html

http://www.ipadforums.net/off-topic/57514-what-you-guys-doing-right-now.html

Where you can meet some of our members and find out what everyone is talking about. Don't be shy. Join the party.

Here's a link to the rules, so you can see what's allowed and what's not.

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Remember the last rule above all. HAVE FUN.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the iPad Forums! You came to the right place to learn all you can about your iPads.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
iMeMyself

iMeMyself

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
Welcome to the iPad Forums! You came to the right place to learn all you can about your iPads.

Thank you. I'm having a problem navigating the site's app. I can't get to the home page, I have gone to Help, which didn't help. can access forums but there is no button anywhere I go for posting a new thread. I did briefly get to the home page via a link in a thread, and started writing a post, but the page suddenly switched to somewhere else. Getting frustrated with this. How can I set the app to open on the home page?

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iMeMyself said:
Thank you. I'm having a problem navigating the site's app. I can't get to the home page, I have gone to Help, which didn't help. can access forums but there is no button anywhere I go for posting a new thread. I did briefly get to the home page via a link in a thread, and started writing a post, but the page suddenly switched to somewhere else. Getting frustrated with this. How can I set the app to open on the home page?

I think what you are looking for is, to start a new thread. You can get there within this app by touching the Forums icon at the bottom left. Then touch iPad Discussions and then select the general topic where you want to post, such as, iPad Hacking. When you are in that section there is an icon at the top right of the app screen that is a rectangle with an arrow swooshing out. Touch that icon at the top right and select New Thread. That should get you to the page to start a new thread. - fid

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iMeMyself said:

I've posted an easy guide to getting to the home page from the App in your other thread.

The Archangel

OP
iMeMyself

iMeMyself

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fid said:
I think what you are looking for is, to start a new thread. You can get there within this app by touching the Forums icon at the bottom left. Then touch iPad Discussions and then select the general topic where you want to post, such as, iPad Hacking. When you are in that section there is an icon at the top right of the app screen that is a rectangle with an arrow swooshing out. Touch that icon at the top right and select New Thread. That should get you to the page to start a new thread. - fid

Thanks! As the rectangle with arrow hadn't given that option previously, I didn't investigate it again. All clear now.

Most reactions

Latest posts