What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greetings from Bangkok

ps@tu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. I've been using iPad for quite some time, but I've got some nagging problems that no one can help me with. So, this app caught my eye and I really hope someone can help me with my problem. (I started out blind this morning and thanks to a word of warning fm a fellow member, here I am).

Anyway, I wonder if on Safari, we can configure proxy manually the same way we do so on a mac. I need to set the proxy so that I can access my school's online resources. So, on my mac, I was abe to set the proxy on Firefox.

Please, is there anyone here who has the same need as I do? Would someone help me? Thanks.

It's about to rain here in my area. Gotta be a cool night :)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. I've been using iPad for quite some time, but I've got some nagging problems that no one can help me with. So, this app caught my eye and I really hope someone can help me with my problem. (I started out blind this morning and thanks to a word of warning fm a fellow member, here I am).

Anyway, I wonder if on Safari, we can configure proxy manually the same way we do so on a mac. I need to set the proxy so that I can access my school's online resources. So, on my mac, I was abe to set the proxy on Firefox.

Please, is there anyone here who has the same need as I do? Would someone help me? Thanks.

It's about to rain here in my area. Gotta be a cool night :)

Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

I don't know a way to configure a proxy in Safari - I've not seen this question before, hopefully someone else may have a solution.

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can't configure a Proxy for Safari, but you can configure a proxy for a specific network.

Go to Settings >> Wi-Fi, an tap the blue arrow next to the network (you may need to be in range for it to be listed). At the bottom you will see your HTTP Proxy setup. That's all I can tell you. I've never set up a proxy before.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd never touched that blue arrow before - wow, there's a whole load of stuff hidden down there. You are right, you can configure a proxy - no problem!! Many thanks, poet...another day, another thing learnt about the iPad....:D

Tim

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I've learned at least three things today myself, if I could only remember what they were. Oh well, I remember making a note of at least one of them, so that should make my quota for the day. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts