What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Green line across top/sides of screen

mttst

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Out of nowhere, some green line popped up on my screen, running the length of the screen and is a pixel wide. It stays in the same place no matter the orientation/where you turn it, etc.

I already restored and reset a few times, it's still there. WTF

Pic:

Attachments

• IMG_20100622_014828.jpg
    IMG_20100622_014828.jpg
    486.4 KB · Views: 1,874

monkeyboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
looks like a classic dead column driver. either the chip is blown or more usually the thin conductor for that column is broken usually from being dropped - the weight of the glass and its edge cuts right through the foil conductors running the edges of the LCD... at least in this case it isn't running straight across the middle...

OP
M

mttst

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've never dropped it. Should I just take it to an Apple Store for a replacement?

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
I've never dropped it. Should I just take it to an Apple Store for a replacement?

Take it to apple store since its under warrenty for a year. They shold replace it as long as there is no visable damage like a big dent in the back or a cracked screen. They will also check the water damage sensor to see if it has gotten wet.

I dont think you would have problem with them replacing it.

Last edited:

Jasondrage

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Out of nowhere, some green line popped up on my screen, running the length of the screen and is a pixel wide. It stays in the same place no matter the orientation/where you turn it, etc.

I already restored and reset a few times, it's still there. WTF

Pic:

I also have the green line which just appeared out of nowhere, mine is about an inch up from the bottom of the screen, it appeared after I updated some apps, I'm not sure which one was responsible, pocket frogs or We Doodle, it seemed to disappear when I sync'd my pad with my Mac, but it has returned, that might be due to me running one of the suspected apps

Most reactions

Latest posts