What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

got mugged..

Glock Girl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
anything else i should do?

Unfortunately, it won't help with this situation, but for the future I have 3 suggestions:

Get a gun!
Train, train, train (learn how to use it)!
Carry it everywhere you legally can!

pluto6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Too bad about your loss. Ideally there will be a way to track these based on a hardware number such as the MAC address, that way, if the device ever has connectivity, it will show up. Unfortunately, most apps use software which can be disabled. Maybe LoJack will come up with something, they have for laptop PCs.

OP
M

Mayo7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wish apple would track the devices serial #, seeing how the ipad is useless without downloading apps on it, and the serial # stays the same even if you wipe the device.. but they won't do it.

my advice to everyone is this: keep your 3g antenna on, even if you're not using it. i think it would have lead to finding the device and the arresting of the muggers. and be aware of your surroundings when you're walking alone, even in "safe", well-lit areas. it happened right behind a starbucks that was still open.

xochipillitzin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Interesting advice...

anything else i should do?

Unfortunately, it won't help with this situation, but for the future I have 3 suggestions:

Get a gun!
Train, train, train (learn how to use it)!
Carry it everywhere you legally can!

I hope this person is joking, because a $500 piece of glass and metal is not worth anybody's life.

xune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MobileMe will show the last known location the device was on seen on the map, along with how long ago, in case it pops back up on the grid without you knowing about it.

Just don't do a remote wipe if you want track it. Once a remote wipe is done, the iPad will no longer be tracked. Leaving the pass lock active will keep anyone from accessing anything as well as keep the tracking software active as long as there is no forced DFU performed.

Hopefully someone will try and turn it on within a hotspot and you will see where it may turn up. If a lot of time passes, you can always do a remote wipe for peace of mind. Hope that you get your iPad back.

Most reactions

Latest posts