What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Got an itunes card what should I get?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For entertainment, TuneIn, the Internet radio app is hard to beat.

And, sooner or later, you're going to need GoodReader.....

For business I use 'Pages' (Word), 'Numbers' (Excel) and 'Keynote' (PowerPoint).

For organising myself I use 'Informant HD'.

I'm the only guy on iPad Forum who has no games on their iPad...:(

Tim

OP
J

jamesmckeephx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so far I picked up garage band, and infinity blade and fruit ninja were on sale.. I really want the Dexter game cuz iam a huge fan of the show but doesn't look like it's worth spending that much on it

King.Khoja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@Tim Why dont you have any games on the unit. Are you using it strictly for buisness?

@James Get some games!! If you like car racing get Real Racing 2! Great game and plus you can hook it up to your TV if you got the hdmi Cable.

Videographer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This thread just reminded me of $75 worth of iTunes cards I received when I purchased a Macbook Pro last year. Did any of you guys get cards when you purchased your iPad? None on my end. Just wondering. Perhaps they are not giving them out anymore.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@Tim Why dont you have any games on the unit. Are you using it strictly for buisness?

@James Get some games!! If you like car racing get Real Racing 2! Great game and plus you can hook it up to your TV if you got the hdmi Cable.

I just have no interest in computer games - I suspect I'm the only guy on iPad Forum who's never played a computer game in his life.....:(

Tim

Videographer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@Videographer Did you get the cards from the store as a promotion?

I was thinking that I got them in the mail, but if my memory serves me correctly, I believe I got them at the store. Memory is terrible when you get older. I call it "Some-Timer's Desease". As long as it doesn't become "All-Timers" I guess I'm doing OK. :)

Dee Ashley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.houseofwags.com
I play only two games: Bid Whist and Scrabble.

I would recommend a good photography editing program or a collection of movies that you wished you had.

I got an Itunes card as a gift that I tried to enter and was rejected--I have it in my purse, for when we take our Ipads in for our personal set up.

Update:
Well I just checked my shipments--appears that one is in Rialto, Ca which is 25 minutes away at 8 am this morning so my guess is that one might be delivered today. The other one is still in Anchorage, Alaska still scheduled for Thursday delivery (large sigh).

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pages, GoodReader, Tunein Radio, BBC Iplayer, as essentials. I have Solitaire, Wsc Snooker, And Dead Space Hd, but am not much of a gamer now.

Music being my way of life....I have Amplitube ( far better than garage band, although you need some cables and an irig) most of my other stuff is connection based, always find something new in the app store though. I didn't get any card with my iPad 1 or my new one:( But I guess we were all just glad to get one :)

It would be nice to have a gift card, in fact, they are a great idea for anyone with an iPad or iPhone :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

nymosis

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I just have no interest in computer games - I suspect I'm the only guy on iPad Forum who's never played a computer game in his life.....:(

Tim

I can see not having an interest in computer games, but iPad games are a whole different ballpark, I mean we're comparing apples to oranges. The onset of mobile, browser and Flashed-based games have an entirely new appeal and new audience.

I mean there are tons of people playing games on Facebook and their iPhones that haven't ever played a traditional computer game in their life. I would say that computer games, at least in the traditional sense didn't appeal to everyone who had a computer, but I'd imagine that most people, or at least a good majority of Facebook and iDevice users play games at least to some extent.

So even if you aren't a PC gamer, I would highly recommend checking out some of the free iPad games.

nursedude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd go for:
Angry birds....a fun time waster
Goodreader - greet with .PDF files
Cloudreaders - great for "graphic novels"
Pages
Logmein ignition

Most reactions