What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Google+

OP
SingingSabre

SingingSabre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
charlyee said:
Anyone news about the G+ iOS app? The one for Android is great and I would love it on my iPad.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

The sooner the better, IMHO. I haven't heard anything new yet, though.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It was in the news that the servers ran out of storage and had to lock out people. It sounds like another case of Google not having all their ducks in a row. Hopefully they will get the bugs out, but the problem is that too many people are locked into Facebook and will not want the issue of transferring all their connections to another process.

incapete

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seadog said:
It was in the news that the servers ran out of storage and had to lock out people. It sounds like another case of Google not having all their ducks in a row. Hopefully they will get the bugs out, but the problem is that too many people are locked into Facebook and will not want the issue of transferring all their connections to another process.

It's a public beta, NOT a finished product. They made that very clear from the start - I got my invite a day after the release and they've already made substantial changes based on the initial feedback.

Part of the problem is that there was an unofficial way to get new users onto the platform so lots more people were allowed to join than they wanted so their server demand was a lot higher than planned.

Antgod

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm on google+ great so far, if it doesnt let you in when you you click on the invite, keep trying it will work sooner or later ,also you can add me to your circle. MODERATED...DO NOT POST G+ ADDRESS

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

BlondeRaptor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't say I'm really impressed with Google+ yet, but like everyone else is saying, it definitely shows promise. I think I would enjoy it a lot more if I had more than 3 friends on there. -_- Right now, it's just like MySpace or Facebook before either got extremely popular - seems like a waste of time. I'm hoping, however, that Google works out whatever kinks need to be fixed quickly and opens it up to everyone so I can eliminate my Facebook account.

OP
SingingSabre

SingingSabre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree with you, Blonde.

I edited the first post to make it clearer as to what i need to send invites.

Nakcol24

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was just wondering if Google opened the invites back up? I have been trying to get an invite lol.

Sent from my iPad 2 64G 3G using iPF

WendyB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For all the hype og Google+ I can't get it to work properly with my ipad2. When I use the mobile site it loses the functionality of posting a link. When I go to the desktop site it loses the functionality of posting a status. when I tap in the status bar area my keyboard does not come up to type. Is anyone else seeing these glitches? Also, I understand there is a google+ for iphone app, but when I go to the app store and do a search on Google+ or G+ no app comes up (several other google apps but no google+ app).

Antgod

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im having the same issues, g+ is still in beta , so report it to them, feed back is important.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

incapete

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WendyB said:
For all the hype og Google+ I can't get it to work properly with my ipad2. When I use the mobile site it loses the functionality of posting a link. When I go to the desktop site it loses the functionality of posting a status. when I tap in the status bar area my keyboard does not come up to type. Is anyone else seeing these glitches? Also, I understand there is a google+ for iphone app, but when I go to the app store and do a search on Google+ or G+ no app comes up (several other google apps but no google+ app).

I have similar problems on iOS, it's really not a great experience. The app is only for iPhone, you can't install it on the iPad.

TheeIpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
G+ App

The G+ mobile App is limited in features for now and has been reported in the feedback section so im sure improvements will emerge.

The best place to test G+ is on the computer for now, i thinks its great now that i'm starting to get the et the hang of it.

As contacts are starting to accumulate now my circles are increasing and so is activity on G+. Lets not forget its only been out for about 3 weeks or so in a testing stage.

I have a few invites left, you need to have or set-up a Google account/Gmail account first

Members find me here...MODERATED....DO NOT POST G+ LINKS....

Last edited by a moderator:

Nakcol24

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm on Google+ but I have yet to do anything with it! Too me it's not really user friendly right now.

Sent from my iPad 2 64G 3G using iPF

TheeIpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i don't know what you mean USER FRIENDLY... its friendly to me and others. Its very easy when it comes to posting photos, videos, video chats, notifications, privacy options, circles, sparks, hangouts, group listings.

i use twitter and facebook, but not much longer, i'm hooked on G+. The hold-back right now its in a testing stage and invites only, and its only been out a month.

Google_plus.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts