What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Google Voice Now Supports iPad

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

The Google Voice Blog (I love the fact that Google has a blog for almost everything, like they probably have a Google Tea Break Blog too) announced today that following on from the launch of Google Voice for iPhone a few weeks back, they have now added iPad and iPod touch support. Of course the big difference between using Google Voice on iPhone and on the iPad is the fact that you can’t use any of the phone features on the iPad, although you can use the app to send and receive free texts, and the blog explains that you can also use it to initiate Google Voice calls with your various other phones, via a feature called Click2Call. All you do is click any “Call†button in Google Voice on your iPad or iPod touch, and then choose which of your listed phones you want to call. Google Voice will then call that phone and connect your call.

Click here to download the free app: Google Voice for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

Note that Google Voice is currently only available in the US, and that you’ll need to have a valid Google Voice account in order to use it.

Source: Google Voice Blog: Google Voice app now supports iPad & iPod Touch

leey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kinda good news, but pity that still no google talk voice chat app! :(

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like the idea of texting from Google Voice, although you cannot do MMS. I thought there were some other texting apps in the app store as well but I suppose Google Voice is the only free one.

Hal05154

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is Click2Call defaulted to "ON"? When I loaded it I went in to turn it on, but found it that way. But it's "faded" so I couldn't change it to "OFF". Any idea why? Am I being stupid and it defaults this way because it's loaded to my ipad and not my iphone (which I assume can be turn off)?

Thanks for the clarification.

Hal

xune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like the idea of texting from Google Voice, although you cannot do MMS. I thought there were some other texting apps in the app store as well but I suppose Google Voice is the only free one.

Hope that I'm reading this/understanding you correctly, but have you tried TextFree? Free app from the app store- VoIP calling and free text- ad supported, or IAP to remove ads. Works great- been using it since spring of last year.

majeed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i am new to ipad. i like to voicechat with google from ipad. but how to do? pls somebody help me. thanx.

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there any way to force the Google Voice app to run in landscape mode?

Most reactions

Latest posts