What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Google searches are becoming less than flattering to Apple.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
According to CNET, typing "sell" into Google Finance will bring up Apple's less-than-glowing stock chart. Apparently, Google have no idea how this has happened, and blame an "algorithm" error.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57...-google-finance-and-take-a-bite-out-of-apple/

I could live with this explanation, were it not for my own discovery that typing "probl" into Google highlights, in first place "Problems with iPhone 5" and in 5th place "problems with iOS 6".

A similar thing happens by typing the word "issues" into Google. Could it be that Google is using it's position as the #1 search provider to undermine the competition.

My jump-to-conclusion guess is that this is exactly what is going on, and Google's excuse is just that. Can't do screenshots at the moment. I'll edit this post with them later.

Last edited:
OP
KevinJS

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Could be, Kay, but I noticed this well before Dec 25th. I pretty we'll ignored it until I saw the CNET article this morning. That's really when I started wondering whether Google might be up to something unsavory.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Could be, Kay, but I noticed this well before Dec 25th. I pretty we'll ignored it until I saw the CNET article this morning. That's really when I started wondering whether Google might be up to something unsavory.

A lot of people buy and set up their devices before gifting on the holidays, and Hanukkah was celebrated before Christmas.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would guess that apple is losing points in price competiveness as their products are increasingly seen as over priced when compared to their competitors which are selling their devices at zero profit (speaking of the ones that are actually selling some). Customers aren't going to feel as satisfied when they hear friends say they got a nexus 7 for $200 after they spend $329 on a mini. Many of them aren't savvy enough to understand the ecosystem difference to fathom why they should expect to pay more for apple gear. And apple is at the same rime flush with cash.

It still would not surprise me if google is cooking their search engine, though....

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
My opinion is that as there are so many iOS users at this moment, it would be totally expected that they would have more complaints.
It's a percentage thing, I don't think we can take any more from this than hopefully, Apple will respond with even better products in the future, if it wasn't for the iPad would we even have a tablet, if it wasn't for the iPhone would the Galaxy style phone be pushing other boundaries!? Who knows, but I am one of the many happy customers that we never read about or hear about in marketing ploys.

Most reactions

Latest posts