What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Google maps.

gbrewton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been addressed. I am a new iPad owner I am trying to use google maps and am unable to pin locations. Is this just an iOS issue? I can do it on my droid phone.

Thanks

George

Pommier

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You should be able to just hold your finger on the location. Does this not work?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can pin maps without problem on iPad's native maps app.

OP
G

gbrewton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
I can pin maps without problem on iPad's native maps app.

On the iPad native app it works. But on google maps it doesn't. Which I find frustrating, as it would sync across multiple platforms, pc, phone, iPad.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have not tried it on regular Google maps, but you can pin on the app and email if you need. Maybe that's not ideal for your purposes, though? The maps on the app are Google maps.

OP
G

gbrewton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have not tried it on regular Google maps, but you can pin on the app and email if you need. Maybe that's not ideal for your purposes, though? The maps on the app are Google maps.

The issue is that if you can star the google map it is synced across all your devices from your google account. This is not the case from the native app.

tarzan11_11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi all
sorry for cross posting
Imaghine I am ina town sight seeing
I want to cover 4-5 places ..is there any way in Gmaps to make a tour plan by connnecting all the places ...?
thanks

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The issue is that if you can star the google map it is synced across all your devices from your google account. This is not the case from the native app.

I can see how that might be useful.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi all
sorry for cross posting
Imaghine I am ina town sight seeing
I want to cover 4-5 places ..is there any way in Gmaps to make a tour plan by connnecting all the places ...?
thanks

maps.google.com will let you add destination after destination, looks like. (Click on arrow symbol at upper right, click on "Get directions.")

I don't know where you're planning to sightsee. (In India? In the U.S.? Somewhere else?)

In the U.S., you might find this website useful: AAA Home

If the link doesn't take you directly, what you'll want to look for is "AAA TripTik."

You can enter one address after another, and it will map and give turn-by-turn directions for free. It belongs to AAA, an automobile club. It's a nice service they offer to even non-members. The link I pasted goes to the site, but it doesn't display well on iPad. You can check it on a computer if that's easier. If you use on iPad, you'll need to enlarge the entry fields at upper left, so you can type into the boxes.

There's also a TripTik app in the U.S. app store, but I don't know whether you have access.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts