What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Google Earth Out Now for iPad

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

Google has just released the first iPad version of its Google Earth app, which is available now to download for free from the Apple iTunes App Store. You can use the app in the same way as you would the desktop version, with the added bonus of being able to navigate the globe by swiping your finger across the touch screen, or use two fingers to adjust your viewpoint so that you see mountainous terrain. You can also, among many other things, view layers of geographic information including roads, borders and Panoramio photos, search using voice commands in English, Mandarin or Japanese, jump straight to your current location at the touch of a button, and view geo-located Wikipedia articles.

As you might expect, the main addition to the iPad version is the full-resolution imagery and the iPad-specific look and feel. A road layer has also been added for iPad and iPhone 3GS.

Source: Apple App Store, Redmond Pie

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a good app, and perfect when showing off the iPad to friends or family :)

MikeM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.eazel-stand.com
I have been having a lot of fun with Google Earth on my iPad. I am not real crazy about the physical tilting. I liked the onscreen control better. But it is still a great toy.

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Went looking for world map apps but the reviews were terrible and said dont waste your money,nice to hear about Google Earth.Thanks for the info.

Al

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's not available here in the Philippines I searched for it twice. And found none.

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Took less than ten minutes to run out of memory and ask me to restart my 32GB iPad.

alanok

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i can see myself wasting a lot of time on this.. just in a more comfortable position! lol

Most reactions

Latest posts