What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GoodReader vs. PDF Expert 2.2

jaav88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am new here, and I am planing to buy an iPad 2 as soon as I can.

That is why I am starting to buy the important apps that I will need once it arrives.

One of the most important apps that I will need is one to work with pdf (correct, outline, etc...)

I have seen that the two apps that better comments have and that are more talked in the web are GoodReader and PDF Expert.

From the first look it looks that GoodReader is much more complete, but however a lot of people that have both say that they need them for different things. What has PDF Expert that GoodReader doesn't?

Which one would you recommend me to buy?

Thank you very much!

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
No matter what, I recommend getting GoodReader on your iPad. It is one of the most versatile apps available for the iPad. It is the first app I recommend to people when they ask me what to get.

I have not had the chance to test out GoodReader and PDF forms. I don't have any. If you have to fill out PDF forms a lot, then PDF Expert would make a good choice to add, however if you only need to fill out 1 or 2, I would say just use a PC/MAC. The company who wrote PDF Expert is a good one with some good apps overall.

I would get GoodReader no matter what. If it cannot do what you want, look into PDF Expert.

OP
J

jaav88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your answer! Then what PDF Expert does that GoodReader does not is to fill pdf forms? I will get GoodReader because everybody recommends it, but if someone has experience with PDF Forms I would like what are the pros of this app. Thank you!

Tayler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Over a half of a year I used GoogReader and didn't want to replace it with any other app at all. A couple of months ago there was an urgent need to fill in PDF forms on the iPad. I was forced to switch to PDF Expert. You can't imagine my disappointment. I constantly work with the PDF files on the iPad and the new app usually requires some time to get used to it.

For a while I stubbornly continued to use GoogReader, to which I have become so accustomed, and PDF Expert I used only to work with the forms. Although, frankly, all the features I used for my work were available in the PDF Expert app as well. Within a few weeks I switched to PDF Expert and completely felt in love with its simple and polished UI. If before I needed to do couple taps to fulfill a certain simple task, now I do the same task within a single tap. Most of my work depends on this app, that's why intuitive UI is so important for me. I wish I used PDF Expert since the early days.

Overall both apps works perfectly without a hitch. Thanks developers for the great apps!

Sorry for the long post!

AndyJay1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Somerled said:
No matter what, I recommend getting GoodReader on your iPad. It is one of the most versatile apps available for the iPad. It is the first app I recommend to people when they ask me what to get.

I have not had the chance to test out GoodReader and PDF forms. I don't have any. If you have to fill out PDF forms a lot, then PDF Expert would make a good choice to add, however if you only need to fill out 1 or 2, I would say just use a PC/MAC. The company who wrote PDF Expert is a good one with some good apps overall.

I would get GoodReader no matter what. If it cannot do what you want, look into PDF Expert.

Hi, I'm new to this Forum. Glad to be part of the community. I have an iPad1, not jailbroken, and, like Somerled, use PDFs a lot. I also have iBook which I enjoy greatly except that it mangles the titles of the PDFs. So I trawled the net and found people saying good things about Good reader. Sadly not all good! When I got the app I find that I cannot for the life of me get either application to recognise the other - let alone transfer between the two. Any and all guidance gratefully received.

Most reactions

Latest posts