What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PDF Expert features

jamby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First of all, i did a search in this forum using simply "PDF" and it returned no results. What's up with that?

I have the PDF expert app and like it but one thing I would like to do with a PDF app is create symbols that I can drop anywhere on a drawing. I convert my CAD drawings to PDF and use them on job sites to mark up and note for later reference. I have been creating circles and squares of different colors to put on the drawings but I have to create a new circle every time. Would be nice to be able to copy one I already created and place it elsewhere on the drawings. Could someone show me how to do this on PDF Expert or guide me to an app that will do more for me?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Save you symbols to the Photos app. You'll probably have to convert them to PNG. Once there select the Stamp tool and tap the screen. You'll see a Custom tab. Select that the + button. You can add custom text stamps or images (which come from the Photos library).

I have not had any luck preserving the transparency attribute of PNG files when importing into Photos, so this is probably not ideal. Then again, maybe you will have better luck.

You can create semi transparent green, red, and blue boxes by creating custom text stamps with the space bar. You might even be able to create a few useful symbols with the creative use of text.

I don't have any other PDF app suggestions. PDF Expert is the closest thing I have to what you want.

Most reactions

Latest posts