What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goodreader performance on iPad 2?

southdrexel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I currently have the original iPad, and use Goodreader all the time to read books in pdf format. While I love the app, I wish it ran a little faster. Specifically, pre-caching is really slow for some pdf files and markup responses (highlighting, underlining) are generally slow as well.

How does Goodreader perform on iPad 2? Is it noticeably faster? I'd appreciate comments from users who have used Goodreader on both iPads.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Seems faster with pdf books, but without my old iPad to compare side by side that's pretty subjective. I only have two fairly short ones to test with, the iOS user manuals for 3.2 and 4.x.

What I did notice is that I have a large PDF drawing, when I zoomed and scrolled on the iPad 1, it would take a several seconds to redraw sections. It still redraws, but it's much faster, only a second or two.

OP
S

southdrexel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the reply. Wow, that is reason enough for me to seriously consider upgrading.

ccozmo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I read alot of pdf technical docs/refs on mine with goodreader (up to 1000 pages in a doc). The iPad 2 is definately faster, and if you put them side to side and flick through the pages fast - the iPad 2 handles it pretty smoothly compared to the iPad 1 (which gives checkered screens often)

Most reactions