What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GoodReader APP Questions, Please

Robert11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

Thinking of getting the GoodReader App.
Not worried about the $5 cost, but would like to be sure that it will do what I think it will do.
I read the description, but still not sure.

May I please ask:

a. Can I transfer photos from my Windows PC to my new iPad3 wirelessly thru Router ?

b. How about the other way; from iPad3 to PC thru Router ?

c. Is it possible to use as a "Viewer" ? I have zillions of pix on my PC, and would like to be able to view them from my iPad3 prior to selecting some for actual downloading and subsequent keeping in the iPad3's memory.

d. My new Router (LinkSys EA3500) has a USB Port. If I plug a USB Memory Stick, or an external HD, into it,
with this APP can I possibly access what is on them ?

Any information, or limitations, on using this App would be most appreciated.

BTW: are there any other APPS that will do all of the above, or some of, that I should also be looking at ?

Much thanks,
Bob

chevyguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check out File Browser, you can view pics, not sure about the transferring wirelessly part though.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Robert11 said:
Hello,

Thinking of getting the GoodReader App.
Not worried about the $5 cost, but would like to be sure that it will do what I think it will do.
I read the description, but still not sure.

May I please ask:

a. Can I transfer photos from my Windows PC to my new iPad3 wirelessly thru Router ?

b. How about the other way; from iPad3 to PC thru Router ?

c. Is it possible to use as a "Viewer" ? I have zillions of pix on my PC, and would like to be able to view them from my iPad3 prior to selecting some for actual downloading and subsequent keeping in the iPad3's memory.

d. My new Router (LinkSys EA3500) has a USB Port. If I plug a USB Memory Stick, or an external HD, into it,
with this APP can I possibly access what is on them ?

Any information, or limitations, on using this App would be most appreciated.

BTW: are there any other APPS that will do all of the above, or some of, that I should also be looking at ?

Much thanks,
Bob

A. Yes, this can be done over wifi and you can also download goodreader USB which allows you transfer via USB

B. Again yes. The way you do this is setup a mapped network drive that way you can access goodreaders file system and copy and paste to other folders on the pc.

C. You can only view the photos if they are on the iPad, there is no way of remotely viewing the photos.

D. Possibly, if you can access the router from a pc and read the hard drive or USB you would be able to access it from goodreader, you may need to install something onto the hard drive first to make it function as a NAS, maybe someone could clarify this.

Most reactions