What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good email app

tosbsas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
its not taking over standard mail app - apple does not allow that - just like safari, but I only use ibis and that way no double feature. Aynway all my accounts are imap so there is no trouble with double stuff anyways

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have been lookin high and low for a better email app.

I have a pop mail account and need to be able to create folders to organize my messages, so I was glad to hear about ibismail. I just downloaded it and set it up. Seems to work very well for me.

Appreciate the info in this thread.

OP
mjtyler

mjtyler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Heaviside said:
I have been lookin high and low for a better email app.

I have a pop mail account and need to be able to create folders to organize my messages, so I was glad to hear about ibismail. I just downloaded it and set it up. Seems to work very well for me.

Appreciate the info in this thread.

So has it duplicated your mail or become the primary mail app?

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
mjtyler said:
So has it duplicated your mail or become the primary mail app?

I am using it as my primary app, though it does seem to use the native email app for sending out messages.

The single shortcoming I have seen thus far is that there is no setting that will strip the mail from the remote server after it downloads. Gotta' use the desktop to clean out the account periodically. I contacted the ibisMail folks and they said that it doesn't have a workaround.

Rudinater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I doubt you will find much as most people like the standard app. Best of luck in finding something though.

Well let me say that I think the standard mail app SUCKs. I would love to be able to get a replacement app.

The mail app is typical apple. He are the features/ functions we (apple) feel you need and you can't change then in any way.

Twiddles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ibismail is a Great App.

If your like me and you use your iPad/iPhone as your primary resource for viewing emails and you have multiple accounts with a large volume of emails incoming daily, then you will LOVE this program. It features both mass read and delete functions (no more checking every single email body to delete). Folders are easy to create and easy to use.

Enjoy 

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Twiddles said:
If your like me and you use your iPad/iPhone as your primary resource for viewing emails and you have multiple accounts with a large volume of emails incoming daily, then you will LOVE this program. It features both mass read and delete functions (no more checking every single email body to delete). Folders are easy to create and easy to use.

Enjoy 

Yes, I do!! Sometimes the iPad mail app isn't always working as I sometimes get an error message stating the password is incorrect or I need to look up old mail, etc. I actually have several gmail apps - g whizz which contains all of the google apps I use as well as several others, safe gmail app, etc.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01 Update using iPF

PreVoiD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure what email provider you are using, but Gmail has an app which is simply called "Gmail". I know a couple of guys currently working at MacWorld who switched the native Mail app on the iPad to the new Gmail app. Unless you know how to proper set up an exchange account, you won't have to bother anymore since the Gmail app has push "from the start" so to speak. I suggest you check it out, it's awesome. And if you have the same app linked to your account on several iOS devices, they sync with eachother so you don't have to read the unread mail several times, on each and every iOS device.

Good luck! :)

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

history chef

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking for an alternative email app for an iPad 2. My specific need is for an app that will allow me to set a "reply to" address that is different from my send address. Alternatively, I need a client that implements a "get before send" authentication protocol. Either capability would work for me, but the standard mail app doesn't support either one.

Jsweetlo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. I am new here but am looking for a solution to email from multiple accounts.
I can set up exchange and my pop/imap accounts on the standard mail app, but have bought Altamail as it has more useful features...but
I cannot get the exchange mail to work. I can access my mail using outlook via web browser (so it supports OWA ), but I can't find the right settings to enter into the Altamail OWA profile.
Has anyone been able to use this app for exchange emails?

Stone10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Google mail is good. Also GoodReader is the great app i think so. Some are uses dropbox but i did not use it yet. But who have used it they are very pleased to use dropbox. Now its your choice that which one you will prefer much google mail, GoodReader or Dropbox.

Most reactions