What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gone with the wind?

ipad2quoi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My new iPad is 5 days old.
Yesterday evening I turned it off after watching a video.
This morning I tried to turn it on. Not working.
I use the supplied charger and cable to charge it. Nothing happened.
I use a PC with windows 7.

Before I return it to the store I would like to try to recover it.
Any help or opinion will be welcomed.

AngryNerd123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried restarting the iPad?

Sent from my only iPad using iPF

AngryNerd123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try holding the power button for 20 seconds.

Sent from my only iPad using iPF

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Press and hold both the power button and the home button together for up to a minute to see if that start it up for you.

OP
I

ipad2quoi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Press and hold both the power button and the home button together for up to a minute to see if that start it up for you.

Thanks a lot. This is exactly what I needed to know (this is a sequence similar to one used for other tablets).
Again, thank you very,very much.

By the way, before posting, I tried to press the power button for 30 seconds. To no avail.

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks a lot. This is exactly what I needed to know (this is a sequence similar to one used for other tablets).
Again, thank you very,very much.

By the way, before posting, I tried to press the power button for 30 seconds. To no avail.

Great. You can also use this simple reset anytime your iPad starts acting strange and a simple shutdown/restart just doesn't seem to do enough. All you do is press and hold both buttons while your iPad is on and keep holding them until you see the apple appear and then let go. That means that you will keep holding them when the slider to shut off appears and even when the iPad shuts off you keep holding until the apple appears and then let go.

OP
I

ipad2quoi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great. You can also use this simple reset anytime your iPad starts acting strange and a simple shutdown/restart just doesn't seem to do enough. All you do is press and hold both buttons while your iPad is on and keep holding them until you see the apple appear and then let go. That means that you will keep holding them when the slider to shut off appears and even when the iPad shuts off you keep holding until the apple appears and then let go.

It's a sequence I will not forget for sure.
Could the smart cover be responsible for this issue? It crossed my mind because I noticed from Day 1 that the cover does not always fit properly.

L

Lunar

Funny enough mine did exactly the same thing today, when I open the front of the case it did'nt come, a tap on Home or the On/Off did'nt bring it to life either, but as the OP has now found out, the usual iPads fix all quarks remedy solved it. ie. Holding down the Home and the ON-OFF buttons togther did the trick.

TBH I didn't think too much about it at the time, 1st time its done it, and has been okay since, I thought it was something quarky with the auto sleep function or something.. Ironically mine was installed in a new autosleep case 2 days ago.. co-incidence or what.;-) though the autosleep seems to work 100% without any probs at all (at least till now..lol)

Hmmm.. will be keeping eye on it, my previous iPad 1 of course didn't have the auto sleep function, which I actually like quite a lot on the new iPads.. now I have it..lol

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Lunar

It's a sequence I will not forget for sure.
Could the smart cover be responsible for this issue? It crossed my mind because I noticed from Day 1 that the cover does not always fit properly.

I would have thought any issue with the magnet in the case not being ligned up would result in not putting it to sleep... but it should always wake up as long as the magnet is well clear... as it is when opened... very strange.. (As you may have noticed I had it happen too today..wierd, Didn't think anything of it until I saw your post)

I can't remember if I had a app running at the time, have a feeling I may have had my Atomic Web browser running, with probably the BBC website being last site visited.. but really unsure, and certainly may not be connected anyway..has your's been okay too.. since.. ?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
I

ipad2quoi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would have thought any issue with the magnet in the case not being ligned up would result in not putting it to sleep... bit it should always wake up as long as the magnet is well clear... as it is when opened... very strange.. (As you may have noticed I had it happen too today..wierd, Didn't think anything of it until I saw your post)

I can't remember if I had a app running at the time, have a feeling I may have had my Atomic Web browser running, with probably the BBC website being last site visited.. but really unsure, and certainly may not be connected anyway..has your's been okay too.. since.. ?

Sorry for the delay. I am a bit busy setting my new toy (new phone) and playing with it, since I am relieved regarding the iPad.
And yes, the iPad is ok so far. Thank you.

Most reactions

Latest posts