What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gifting Apps

rap_0228

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm from the Philippines and my friend from the US wants to gift me an app. This thing comes up whenever she tries to gift the app using her iPad:
Photo Feb 06, 6 02 07 PM.png
"iTunes Store credit cannot be used to purchase gifts. This gift will be redeemable only in the U.S. Store. Please check this item's requirements and ratings carefully. Your recipient(s) may not be able to redeem or use your gift if their hardware or iOS is oncompatible."

Is that fine? Will I be able to redeem the app? I repeat, I'm in the Philippines while my friend(the sender) is on the US. If she tries to gift the app using iTunes in the PC, would it be the same?

Thanks so much! :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I suspect that you can not send gifts outside the store (country) you bought them in. After all, there is no guarantee that the app is available in the recipient's store (country).

I would go to the support link at the bottom of the iTunes page and send Apple this question.

You could probably get around this by getting a U.S. Apple ID. Search around the forum on how to do this, and how to manage multiple Apple iDs.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You cannot gift outside the app store country of your purchase. It's in the fine print.

Your friend needs to create another app store account in the Phil's app store and gift the app from there. I do that regularly with friends in several other countries.

Most reactions

Latest posts