What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting stuff off my ipad

brilla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Need some help please! I am a new iPad user! When I plug the iPad into my computer and go to the DCIM folder there is nothing there. I need to get a couple videos off of my iPad. Is there a setting I need to use or what am I doing wrong?

drb_52

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you synced your ipad to your computer using itunes? When you do, itunes will copy your videos to your pc.

OP
B

brilla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Videos that you took with the iPad, or got by some other app or method?

Videos I took with my iPad. There is nothing at all in the DCIM folder.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
All photos and videos that end up visible in the Photos app (except those synced via iTunes) should end up in the DCIM folder.

Did you look in the subfolders?

My Camera Roll pictures (including the movies) show up an a subfolder called 100APPLE. Stuff imported using the Camera Connection Kit ends up in folders named XXXIMPRT (where XXX is some 3 digit number).

If you used an app other than the built in Camera app, then your movies may appear only in that app, and your export options will likely be limited to what that app will do.

Though you may be able to use a computer app like iPhone Explorer to dig into that apps's file. Since the iPad's file structure was not designed for easy direct accessibility (by users) that can be hit or miss.

Edit: iPhone Explorer has been renamed to iExplorer, since I last looked at the web site.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts