What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting iPad3, Original iPad gift for niece. Need Help theme!

shAdOwXPR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I'm getting the iPad 3 and giving my original iPad to my niece (8 year old). I need help with this Theme and a few other things.

Here is what I'm getting her; (plz let me know if you know of a better option)

1. Ottebobx iPad Defender Series Case (already ordered)

OtterboxDefenderSeriesCase1.jpg

2.Hot Pink Hands-free 3.5mm Headset For Apple iPhone 4 (already ordered)

PinkHeadphones.jpg

3. A good iPad stand for kids Tablet Pet Pal (still have not decided)

TabletTeddyBear.jpg

Latest Captures of the theme; (it's a compilation of available pink/hello kitty themes and stuff i have done)

iPadTheme2-1.jpg
iPadTheme3-2.jpg
iPadTheme6-1.jpg
iPadTheme7.jpg
photo.jpg
photo5.jpg
iPadTheme12-1.jpg
iPadTheme14.jpg
iPadTheme18.jpg
iPadTheme9-2.jpg
iPadTheme8.jpg

Finish pandora app; (thumbs icons where a pain)

Pandora1.jpg
Pandora2.jpg

OP
S

shAdOwXPR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
also added screens for app launch when it's still loading;

Default-Portraitpandora2.jpg
Default-Portraitpandora1.jpg

Added screens for ipod app;

Default-AudioPlayer-Landscapeipad.jpg
Default-AudioPlayer-Portraitipad.jpg

Still have not been able to fins the names of the files for the app store, I only have the screens done;

Default-Landscape.jpg
Default-Portrait.jpg

Finished the Pink apple to Hello kitty boot logo;

BootLogo1.jpg
BootLogo2.jpg
BootLogo3.jpg

Last edited:
OP
S

shAdOwXPR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fixed the problem with the lock screen; (i had 2 folders with the string for the name in the slider. Deleted the one in the main theme and left the one in the lockscreen theme);

iPadTheme1-1.jpg

But the lock screen theme is removing the Slideshow icon (i want to change this icon 2 with the music controls. Already have the icons) PLZ help with the names/location...

OP
S

shAdOwXPR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What's still left to do; (Any Help?)

1. I need to know the names of the music controls on the lock screen and the slideshow

2. I need to know the name location of the files for volume fill and volume knob for the youtube app

3. I need to know the name location for the bottom black border on the youtube/itunes/app store app so i can change them to pink

4. wallpaper is still zoom and sideways when i add the .png file to the theme

5. i need to know the file name for the borders for icons i have not change. I already have the pink borders made

6. How to add custom borders to icons not changed

Last edited:
OP
S

shAdOwXPR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How to use the icons i made for the multitasking music controls to the lock screen music controls? Basically the names and location so i can change them. Also teh slideshow button on lockscreen name and location so i can change it.

photo4.jpg

Last edited:
OP
S

shAdOwXPR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also can i make this an iOS5 theme or should i give her the ipad on version 4.3.3? I don't care about the work just that i can make the same Theme on iOS5...

OP
S

shAdOwXPR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
By the way also need to install "color Keyboard HD"(2.99$ cydia) & "Lust SBSettings Pink") besides the theme im making...

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow--first off, you are such a nice aunt to give your iPad to your niece!

Secondly, love the pink and hello kitty themes!! Very cute, I am assuming that this is jail broken? It doesn't look like a stock applied iPad! If it is stock, I love it even more!

OP
S

shAdOwXPR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The ipad I'm giving her is the 64g 3G, I'm hoping i can transfer the unlimited plan card to the ipad 3. I'm ripping blue rays from animated movies to add to her ipad and checking for educational apps math/etc... Games I already know which ones she like.

I hope she likes it, i already told her i will give her my ipad when i get the new one. But nothing about the theme and the teddy bear carrying case/stand.

Any tips on apps for girls will be great!!! Besides the dress up app's I have no idea. I will get her a 40$ card so she buy what ever i miss...

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What a great Uncle you are, not for just giving her the iPad but for doing all this to it for her. It's so pretty, I'm sure she'll love it. Yes it can be rejailbroken on 5.0.1 and if you're going to do it for her you may want to do it soon before an upgrade comes along and they close the window on 5.0.1. Sorry I'm not JB as yet but I would assume all those themes would still be available, maybe look at where you got them and they should tell you the stats on them. Hopefully someone can tell you more on this.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
S

shAdOwXPR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fixed the music controls;

photo-1.png

Fixed the slideshow icon lockscreen problem;

iPadTheme1-2.jpg

Added this icon;

Camera.png

I want to add this wall paper named "Wallpaper.png" to the theme;

Wallpaper.jpg

but when i do the wallpaper looks sideways and zoom in on the back ground. Only way it works is by not adding it to the theme and choose it as background from the photos on the ipad.

BadWallpaper.jpg

I want to make this the borders of the icons; (working on it)

PinkFlower.png

I already have "iPink Theme" what I'm looking for is "iPink Icons" its 13m and not working on cydia

The boot logo only runs once, how long can i make it so it will repeat a few times? Also is stretch since i made them in the iphone size, what are the dimensions for a boot logo for ipad?

Attachments

• iPadTheme1-1.jpg
    iPadTheme1-1.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 601
Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts