What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting a ipad

oberkc

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't use screen protectors, either.

To me a viable option for cases is a back shell, and neoprene sleeve (with pocket for you various accessories). While I use and like the apple front cover, I agree that it is expensive! However, I have started to notice an occasional sale and clearance at places like best buy.

I understand, too, that the form of the latest iPad is not appreciably different than the iPad 2/3. Accessories for the iPad 2 have become much cheaper. Perhaps you could save some money by trying out some of these and hope that they fit.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well ill receive my ipad next tuesday but now i am thinking about a case or screen protector. I like the smart case but it seems a bit too expensive for the thing, any other recommendations? Is a screen protector worth if ive got a case ?

Not everyone likes screen protectors but I do. The splash masque model I'm using went on easy and has done a good job for me. As for the case, I have the CaseCrown bold and am happy with that too. It was only about $20 bucks from amazon and has held up great.

OP
D

Dezader

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well i got my ipad yesterday and im very happy with it. Is there a place where i can see how much data have i used on the internet ? How can i move apps from one page to another ?

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well i got my ipad yesterday and im very happy with it. Is there a place where i can see how much data have i used on the internet ? How can i move apps from one page to another ?

If your iPad is a wifi + cellular iPad, you can check on data usage by going to Settings>General>Usage>Cellular Usage. This will tell you how much data you've downloaded and uploaded since the last time you reset the cellular usage info.

You can move apps from screen to screen by tapping and holding on an app icon until it begins to wiggle. You then hold your finger on it and drag it to the edge of the screen. The screen should change, you then release the icon when it is in the right spot, then click the home button to stop the wiggling.

OP
D

Dezader

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can move the apps but i cant move them to other pages. It just automatically puts the app back where it was.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can move the apps but i cant move them to other pages. It just automatically puts the app back where it was.

Drag the app right to the edge of the screen and don't release your finger. You should go to the next screen, along with the app.

OP
D

Dezader

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh got it now, i didnt hold the app on the side for enough time. Thanks:)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Another way of moving the apps to the next screen is to move the app in question to the dock at the bottom of the screen, change screens and move the app off the dock to the desired position on the screen. BTW, the dock can hold 6 apps, while all the other rows can only hold 4 apps.

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another way of moving the apps to the next screen is to move the app in question to the dock at the bottom of the screen, change screens and move the app off the dock to the desired position on the screen. BTW, the dock can hold 6 apps, while all the other rows can only hold 4 apps.

I use this method if I'm moving apps across multiple screens.

Most reactions

Latest posts