What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

get rid of red dashed lines....

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
hi guys, sorry for the ubernoob question......

this has irritated me for too many years to remember. how do i get rid of these red dashed lines in my ipad's Pages app? they're telling me of wrong and unrecognized spellings, but i just dont want them there. how to remove?

thank you

text.jpg

Elizellen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It looks as if you have Auto Correct turned on.
Go to Settings - General - Keyboard and slide the button beside "Auto-correction" to the Off position

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It looks as if you have Auto Correct turned on.
Go to Settings - General - Keyboard and slide the button beside "Auto-correction" to the Off position

Actually you need to turn off the Spell Checking in the Pages app, under the Tools icon (a wrench) > Settings > Check Spelling. (as per Gtatler's link). The app's settings override the system settings in the iWorks apps.

This is true of many word processing apps. It gives you the ability to tweak your preferred writing environment in each app without having to either make a choice for all apps, or constantly changing the system settings.

OP
sjleworthy

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
just on a similar topic, to remain in the same thread....

can i password protect Pages and Numbers per'se?

i know how to password protect individual files, but, like with similar apps, can i password protect the whole app before entering it?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just the files in the iWork apps, not the complete apps themselves.

Most reactions

Latest posts