What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Get rid of a zillion ads

EstherN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It seems that most of my screen is being covered with pop ups. How do I get rid of ads? I don't play games, just use my I3 for news, FB, and sometimes email.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It seems that most of my screen is being covered with pop ups. How do I get rid of ads? I don't play games, just use my I3 for news, FB, and sometimes email.
Are you using Safari? If so, do you have block pop-ups turned on? To do this, go to Settings>Safari>General and make sure the block pop-ups switch is on. Let us know if this helps.
image.jpg

OP
E

EstherN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you using Safari? If so, do you have block pop-ups turned on? To do this, go to Settings>Safari>General and make sure the block pop-ups switch is on. Let us know if this helps. View attachment 61118
Yes it is. Deleted cookies, so will see if that helps, but still open to suggestions.

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Here are a couple browsers I use from time to time for general browsing. You'll never replace safari, but if you want to see a page kleaned up pretty good, try Ghostery. It's free. Don't know how it works on ios8 as I am using 7. Atomic's pretty good to. Your mail app and FB app will use safari of course.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 235

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The best solution I've found is Weblock, a $1.99 proxy app that strips most ads from browser pages, plus in-app ads from everything else. I scored it on a gone-free day, but I'd happily pay two bucks for the absence of flashing, garish clutter in my life.

Most reactions

Latest posts