What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Generation 10 iPad Lock Screen fades quickly

Dee Bee 2023

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My new iPad with iOS 17.1.2 Lock Screen fades after 4 or 5 seconds.

It doesn’t seem to matter if the iPad requires a password as simply tapping the screen reactivates the picture for the same few seconds.

I have got the auto lock set to never. Can the Lock Screen be set to continue being visible for longer than 5 seconds?

The same is happening on both battery and with the charging lead connected. Is this normal behaviour?

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My iPad Pro Lock Screen fades after four or five seconds too if I don’t swipe up to allow Face Recognition to work. You can’t change this time. Setting your lock screen to Never is not really a good idea as it could lead to denigrating the battery,

OP
Dee Bee 2023

Dee Bee 2023

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So it would appear that this is normal behaviour and cannot be changed. I take your point regarding the battery so I’ll stop worrying!

Many thanks for your quick response - the ‘official’ Apple forum was unable to give a reply after one week- I’ll know where to come in future.

Thanks again.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can kind of see your Lock Screen longer.

Swipe down from the top center edge of the screen. This shows you your notification screen, which is basically your lock screen with any active notifications on top.

As far as I can tell this will stay on until your auto-lock kicks in.

Swipe up from the bottom edge to go back to what you were doing.

Monday, 04 Dec 2023 15:19:26.jpeg

OP
Dee Bee 2023

Dee Bee 2023

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are quite right of course. I must admit I had not thought of that. It even stays open if you delete all notifications. It’s a clever workaround. Many thanks for bothering to post such a helpful idea.

Most reactions

Latest posts