What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GarageBand - HELP!!!!

Rockingdave

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have GarageBand on my iPad and get on really well with it. The thing I am trying to do though is export the sessions I have spent hours on to save them on a PC hard drive. I have been able to export the .band folders out of iTunes using the iTunes program from the app tab with iTunes itself. What I can't figure out is how to get the .band folders back into the iPad.

When I connect the iPad to the PC and bring it up on iTunes I can go to the apps tab, look at garage band and in area where associated files should be there is an 'ADD' button. I click this and navigate to the folder I have the exported .band files and try to select them, but as these exports are folders and not just single files then the open command opens the fold, not import it as it exported.

Any help would be much appreciated before I tear out the rest of my hair. I know I have to use iTunes somehow but just don't know what needs to go where. A button press by button press would help no end.

Thanks

Dave.

juliuswb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does any one know of a way to recover or restore a deleted garage band file. I have the file saved elsewhere as an m4a file.

Help please?....

Angky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am experiencing the same problem...its just sad. I know I can record it once more. But, nothing will ever feel the same. Crap!:mad:

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have GarageBand on my iPad and get on really well with it. The thing I am trying to do though is export the sessions I have spent hours on to save them on a PC hard drive. I have been able to export the .band folders out of iTunes using the iTunes program from the app tab with iTunes itself. What I can't figure out is how to get the .band folders back into the iPad.

When I connect the iPad to the PC and bring it up on iTunes I can go to the apps tab, look at garage band and in area where associated files should be there is an 'ADD' button. I click this and navigate to the folder I have the exported .band files and try to select them, but as these exports are folders and not just single files then the open command opens the fold, not import it as it exported.

Any help would be much appreciated before I tear out the rest of my hair. I know I have to use iTunes somehow but just don't know what needs to go where. A button press by button press would help no end.

Thanks

Dave.

I don't have this app - heard great things about it. Can you email them to yourself as an attachment to your iPad? Just a shot in the dark, but that's how I move some of my photo's. Squib.

Sent from my iPad 2 IOS 6.1.3 using iPF

WaltMistake

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried selecting the files you get when opening the folder? Wouldn't that work?

Most reactions