What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GarageBand for iPad 2 help

FattyMatty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I have been using GarageBand to record music for months with no issues.

All of a sudden today when I go to record live guitar and vocals the mic input is so loud that everything is
distorted, despite relatively quiet playing. I went in to other recording apps and those mics seem fine and there is no distortion when I record.

Does anyone know what could be causing this? Are there GarageBand mic inputs I'm not aware of?

anthonyalves

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's a good idea to re-download GarageBand if your having input problems however don't forget that the input level of GarageBand iOS is controlled by the input sorce and not at the software level. If you use the Apogee One then apple has put in a new input software control that allows you to set the input gain but that is because it is actually controlling the Ones input level. So you need to control the input level of your guitar on the channels volume control, not saying you missed this but if it is set to full and your close to the mic this could lead to distortion. Hope this helps.
From Anthony's iPad Recording Studios.

Most reactions

Latest posts