What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Developers See Potential, Not Gold Rush in Apple's iPad

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
On its surface, Apple's iPad may seem like a glorified e-book reader, but developers working on games for the system say they see within its extra-large screen and faster processor, great gaming potential.

"Our creative teams are really just digging in and brainstorming ideas that the power and specs of the iPad might bring to life," said Andrew Stein, director of mobile platforms for PopCap games, maker of Bejeweled and Peggle. "Nobody could have anticipated the huge blossoming of creativity engendered by the iPhone and iPod Touch and I think the iPad could easily take this to the next level."

Continue reading:
Game Developers See Potential, Not Gold Rush in Apple's iPad - ipad - Kotaku

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
RTS or even going back to an older turn based style... Masters of Orion II iPad edition?

Although it would be crazy to develop two interface elements so it could be run in both Wide and Long views... even crazier if each view had its tactical use during the RTS game.

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Man, I remember the first RTS I played. Dune, on DOS. Was awesome, I miss it alot. I'd like to see a good port of it.

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Video games is one thing, however being the pen and paper RPG and tactical minitures geek I can't help but consider the possibilies of a nearly 10" multitouch screen.

Unfortunatly there likely won't be a Vitutal Table Top program near launch. The current PC level progams that see the most use are OpenRPG which is python based, and MapTools which is Java. Niether is really designed to take full advantage of a multitouch interface.

While there are already many Apps for classic board games I'm not talking about chess. When I think of board games I think of Games Workshop's Warhammer and Warhammer 40k, among others.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Video games is one thing, however being the pen and paper RPG and tactical minitures geek I can't help but consider the possibilies of a nearly 10" multitouch screen.

Unfortunatly there likely won't be a Vitutal Table Top program near launch. The current PC level progams that see the most use are OpenRPG which is python based, and MapTools which is Java. Niether is really designed to take full advantage of a multitouch interface.

While there are already many Apps for classic board games I'm not talking about chess. When I think of board games I think of Games Workshop's Warhammer and Warhammer 40k, among others.
i want to play Zelda in my :ipad-movie: comfy in my sofa :D

obaidjawad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iRoadies

mzl.vttiwdcx.480x480-75.jpg

mzl.iquzwhne.480x480-75.jpg

Download link :

itms://itunes.apple.com/us/app/iroadies-secret-agent/id356087500?mt=8

Sea Monster

Download link:

itms://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sea-monsters/id356113033?mt=8

:D

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Nope... not feeling it for an iPad. Hope it upscales to larger screen well for you. I can't think of many current iPad game Apps that will suddenly become astonishingly better when upscaled by the iPads OS.

Most reactions

Latest posts