What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

fresh start...

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
how do i go back to the state when the ipad2 has just been jailbroken? i've placed so many tweaks and apps that i don't know why i can't use some of the apps anymore... they cannot open new files recently downloaded, and always lead to a reboot (without me doing anything)...

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The only way you can go back to a freshly jailbreak state is to restore the iPad and then re-jailbreak.

I actually do it myself, every now and then just to clean up stray line of programming.

Of course, I would not recommend this method if you are on iOS 4.3.3 and don't haveyour SHSH blobs saved for that version...

Marilyn

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do the same thing every now and then also because I screw around a lot with it and it gets some holes or other problems. Like Marilyn said though, if you don't have blobs for your version, don't do it.

OP
88raymond

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have the 4.3.3 shsh blob saved via TU. where do i go for the directions on re-starting? thanks!

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
should always install PKgbackup

That defeats the purpose of restoring.
You restore and rejailbreak so you can only install tweaks that you really want so you don't slow it down. If he used pkgbackup, it would just install everything back on it and slow it down again.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, to be honest, I do use PKGBackup when I restore/re-jailbreak my iPad (to clean it up). It's just too much work, for me, to put everything back the way it was.

If you remove the tweaks and repos you don't want OFF the iPad BEFORE using PKGBackup, then it'll work out fine ... at least for me.

PKGBackup really only reads/stores/backups existing tweaks. Then, on a restore, it only puts those items back on.

Well, that's what works for me...

Marilyn

OP
88raymond

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TU does not recognize that my device is connected, while ITunes has no problem. I'm in DFU mode.

How can I use TU, when pressing Start TSS Server does nothing? My 4.3.3 SHSH Blob is there...

One more thing, ITunes say the Ipad2 3G GSM file which I got from http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/24939-official-apple-ios-firmware-download-links-ipad.html is corrupted. I've tried to download the same file using 3 different computers....

...and I'm in and endless loop in booting :(

I can't proceed...

Last edited:
OP
88raymond

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i tried again with a different computer accessing the internet with a different network carrier... and the file is finally NOT CORRUPTED :D

restore done...

i'm syncing now... thanks!

OP
88raymond

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
... but i confess, i don't get how to use pkgbackup.... it might be k.i.s.s. but it doesn't look intuitive...

how can i backup, and restore?

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tap on the gear at the top and then tap "dropbox". Sign into dropbox. Scroll down and hit "accept changes". Tap the curved arrow in the bottom left. After that's done just hit "do backup" at the bottom.

OP
88raymond

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
forgot to say thanks, graywolf.... THANK YOU!!!

pkgbackup doesn't let me backup the apps i got from the AppStore, just the tweaks and other stuff...

Most reactions

Latest posts