What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Free Phonecalls

kspector

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a way to make free phonecalls from an iPad2? I would love to use the Internet with it to make calls.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Agree - learn to use Skype and/or FaceTime; other options may exist but those are the two that have worked successfully for me - good luck! :)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You could also use Talkatone or Whistle apps to make direct phone calls (in the States, they are free). You get a "normal" phone number and you can dial any other phone, landline or cell. You can also receive calls (and I think you can send texts via Talkatone ... not sure). In addition, with Talkatone, you can tie it into your Google account and use that phone number versus getting another.

They are both free in the App Store and work fine for me - YMMV. I actually used Talkatone one time to get help with a blown tire. Worked great.

Marilyn

mlaurencg4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another option (currently free) is a free app called Nettalk. Free calling phones to US & Canada from anyplace in the world, and many other useful features. You have to register for this app using computer browser first - then login on iPad.

orogard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mlaurencg4 said:
Another option (currently free) is a free app called Nettalk. Free calling phones to US & Canada from anyplace in the world, and many other useful features. You have to register for this app using computer browser first - then login on iPad.

Try Magic Jack app. Works wonderful.
Orogard

OP
K

kspector

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found out that even though Viber is not really supported on the iPad it does work and it works beautifully.

Lavender

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kspector said:
I found out that even though Viber is not really supported on the iPad it does work and it works beautifully.

Can u pls tell me how u get the activation code for viber? I cannot get the code for mine. Thanks a lot.

Most reactions

Latest posts